[mythtv-users] Channel names not filled in

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Fri Dec 1 04:22:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just installed myth and I am exploring everything with it.  Its really sweet!

For some reason when im in the guide all the channel names are labeled as "ling Channel"  There must be more there but its cut off.  Whats the problem?  I would like to have channel icons also I tried this

Channel Icons in EPG-

Somewhere along the line, new setups stopped getting channel icons, at least in zap2it land. I presume it had something to do with the switch to DataDirect, I dunno. I've had the same database since well before the change, so I already had channel icons. However, on a new install, if you have none, there's a contributed script that'll get you some. Run these commands after you've already filled your database the first time:
$ cd
$ perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-*/contrib/mkiconmap.pl
$ mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map

off the fedora how to (thats what i have been using from step 1 and that didnt work.

Ideas?

Thanks,
mitchell