[mythtv-users] Where can I find the shared folder of UPnP?

Liu, M. M.Liu at tue.nl
Fri Dec 1 00:04:04 UTC 2006

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. But i still have doults. the recorded folder should be /var/video as default. Does it mean I dont need to move anything, and UPnP renderer can see my recorded files? But the case is not that simple. I saw the mythtv server is working. I have files under /var/video directory. But I can see nothing from the UPnP controller. I dont know why. Could you please explain it a bit? Thank you so much.

Regards,
Mingying

Kevin wrote:
Liu, M. wrote:

> I want to access mythtv using another pc as a renderer, but I don't
> know where I should put the files to test if it is working. Could
> anyone please tell me what?s the normal path? Or which command should
> I use to get the path?
>
> I am also wondering if I use pgrep command, I can get a id number for
> upnp, but I got nothing. Does it mean the upnp is not working? The
> strange thing is that I can see the mythtv as a upnp server from
> another pc.

The UPnP support in Myth is integrated into the backend. It shares out
your recordings, videos, and music.

Kevin