[mythtv-users] Using DVD internal crashes mythtv

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Aug 31 23:08:22 UTC 2006

> I've got libdvdnav and libdvdread all from the same source and their
> development packages installed. The new entries added to the log are as
> follows

Yeah, my comment was more of an "external libdvdnav/libdvdread play no part"
one. libdvdnav has, at its base, libdvdread; myth SVN has libdvdnav
statically linked into libmythtv. It is not an external dependency for myth.

If you are seeing the frontend crash you should (using the ticket howto)
create a ticket, with a backtrace (if you determine it is in fact not "any
DVD" be sure to include the title of the DVD). If the frontend simply
returns to the menu (directly, without restarting the whole thing) then you
may have more checking to do.

There have been recent-ish checkins for the internal player so updating
would be on the list of things to do. You can also try changing your mpeg2
decoder to libmpeg2 (or from, depending on which you use).

--
Anduin Withers