[mythtv-users] Using DVD internal crashes mythtv

David Petticrew david at petticrew.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 21:46:23 UTC 2006

Anduin Withers wrote:
>> Make sure you have libdvdnav libdvdread and
>> libdvdcss plus the devel packages and that they are compatible libs from
>> the same repo. I had problems when I used libdvdnav from another repo
>
> SVN integrates libdvdnav as libmythdvdnav. Libdvdnav has libdvdread as a
> base (not a dependency).

I've got libdvdnav and libdvdread all from the same source and their
development packages installed. The new entries added to the log are as
follows

2006-08-31 22:38:33.486 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Playback
2006-08-31 22:38:33.487 adding: localhost as a client (events: 0)

However, I think this is more to do with restarting the mythfrontend
than it crashing. I should mention since it was unclear in my initial
report that it's only mythfrontend which quits, mythbackend keeps
running quite happily.

David Petticrew