[mythtv-users] D11-100 USB Connection!

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Aug 30 15:33:42 UTC 2006

> Ahh.. brilliant idea. I'm limited to a single serial port on my
> motherboard. Once I get a second satellite box/SD capture card I'm
> going to give that a try.

The tricky part will be figuring out a way to make sure that they come
up in the right order and get assigned the right port addresses. With
normal serial ports, their device name is pretty well set in stone,
but USB can be moved around and end up switching places, etc. You
don't want to have it changing the channel on one box and recording
from the other!

 - Jeff