[mythtv-users] ./configure options

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 30 13:49:51 UTC 2006

On 08/30/06 08:15, Steven Adeff wrote:

>On 8/30/06, Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>>On 8/29/06, Carl Youngblood

>>>still can't figure out how to
>>>enable xvmc opengl and perl bindings.

>>I don't know if this is the current situation still or not, (or if it
>>applies, since the wording is somewhat vague) but a posting by Daniel K.
>>(the code maintainer for XvMC) indicates that you might not want to enable
>>XvMC OpenGL:
>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/203431?search_string=xvmc%20opengl;#203431

Still applies.  As a matter of fact because so many people who don't
read -dev and -commits were trying to enable it when using SVN, Daniel
made it so it can /only/ be enabled explicitly:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/203600#203600

>Don't enable OpenGL XvMC. Daniel made it specificaly hard to enable
>for a reason. It's code he's still working on and won't be available
>for a at least a few months.
>
>I can't find anything on the enabling Perl bindings, though from what
>I understand its so you can control Myth through Perl scripts, so
>unless you specificly need to do this, ignore the option.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/211917#211917

Oh, and BTW, this is exactly why SVN users are asked to subscribe to
/and read/ the -dev and -commits lists.

And, if you're the type who likes to "preview" the next version (i.e.
compiling SVN now so you can see what 0.20 will be like), that means you
should be reading the lists during the entire development of the next
version (i.e. from the point 0.19 is released until 0.20 is released).
If that's too much work for you, just wait until the next version is
released by your packager...

Mike