[mythtv-users] ./configure options

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 06:22:22 UTC 2006

> On 8/29/06, Carl Youngblood
>> XvMC OpenGL sup. no
>> bindings_perl    no
>
> Update: I got JACK and DTS enabled, but still can't figure out how to
> enable xvmc opengl and perl bindings.

At the risk of sounding like a pompous, arrogant <insert word of choice
here>, I'd say that chances are, if you don't know what an option does,
you probably don't need to include it in your build.  Even though I'm a
diehard geek, to me, less is more.  (And not in the pager sense.)

I don't know about perl bindings, but for XvMC OpenGL to work, you need to
have the right combination of libraries on your system.  I haven't figured
it out yet, and as far as I can tell, XvMC OpenGL doesn't give me any
benefits (next sentence).

I don't know if this is the current situation still or not, (or if it
applies, since the wording is somewhat vague) but a posting by Daniel K.
(the code maintainer for XvMC) indicates that you might not want to enable
XvMC OpenGL:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/203431?search_string=xvmc%20opengl;#203431

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com