[mythtv-users] lirc_serial insanity

Matt mattiehg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:03:47 UTC 2006

I recompiled my kernel for other reasons.  I thought  I might as well
modularize the serial driver so that I don't  need to do the "setserial
/dev/ttyS0 uart none" nonsense.

However, now the lirc_serial driver module doesn't work at all, unless I
load the serial driver module first, and then do the usual "setserial
/dev/ttyS0 uart none".  Which is, of course, ridiculous.

FYI, I checked messages and dmesg.  Neither the "lirc_dev" nor the
"lirc_serial" module give any complaints if I load them first (ie. the
non-functional scenario)

anybody seen this