[mythtv-users] Dual DVB-S Receiver Capable of using CI / CAM module

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Aug 27 21:40:44 UTC 2006

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:01:18 +0100 (BST)
>Steve Hill wrote:
>

>>Oh, also consider that you can't just plug multiple tuners into a normal
>>LNB - you will need a dual-LNB or quad-LNB and separate cabling for each
>>tuner.
>>

>Works fine here (NZ). I have an official sky decoder and a dvb-s card
>(which only does the 3 FTA channels) - both work off a single LNB with a
>single wire which goes through a splitter and then into the sky box and
>the dvb-s card.

As long as the polarisation remains the same on the two tuners, it will
work. As soon as they need different polarisation, one of them is going
to have a failed recording.... (the one that tuned first).

I also do not know what this is doing to the longvity of your LNB. The
LNB is receiving power from two sources now. I never took a look at how
thats wired, so have no idea how well it can handle this.

Cheers,

Rudy