[mythtv-users] Need help with Analog spdif and IEC958 using ALSA

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Fri Aug 25 01:20:20 UTC 2006

Gregg wrote:

> Would you mind emailing me a copy of your .asoundrc and asound.state
> file.  I am willing to try anything I have been banging my head for weeks.

My asound.conf is the one listed in Jarods' howto.

The asound.state is pretty big.  Would these sections do?

         control.38 {
                 comment.access 'read write'
                 comment.type BOOLEAN
                 comment.count 2
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'IEC958 Optical Raw Playback Switch'
                 value.0 false
                 value.1 false
         }

         control.245 {
                 comment.access 'read write'
                 comment.type BOOLEAN
                 comment.count 1
                 iface MIXER
                 name 'SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack'
                 value true
         }