[mythtv-users] MythstreamTV (and mythweb) question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 25 00:07:52 UTC 2006

On 08/23/2006 10:04 PM, Drew Bernat wrote:

>> Try looking at mythweb's config file. On my system (fc4) it's at
>> /var/www/html/config/conf.php, there is a define for video_url that
>> changes the url and comes with examples including file:// and myth://.
>> Don't recall which is default since I've changed it a few times. This
>> does change the way that mythweb creates links but I don't know about
>> mythstreamtv.
>
> I see...
>
> I have the following:
>
> define('video_url', 'data/recordings');
> #   define('video_url', 'file://machine_name/path_to_videos');
> #   define('video_url', 'myth://slave_backend_ip:6543');
>
> I've grepped through mythweb, but I can't see anything that can set a
> myth:// URL. Is there anything in the mythbackend that will generate
> the myth://?

MythWeb automatically uses "myth://" URI's when the client (running the
browser) is a Windows machine.  It's assuming you have the DSMyth
filters (properly) installed.

For future reference, though, you should /really/ read the comments next
to the part of the file you're cutting/pasting into a post.  You can
learn a lot from them:

// video_url is normally determined automatically (a local link to
data/recordings
//   for Linux/MacOS, and a myth:// URL for windows machines), but you
can override
//   it here to something else if you really need to.
#   define('video_url', 'data/recordings');
#   define('video_url', 'file://machine_name/path_to_videos');
#   define('video_url', 'myth://slave_backend_ip:6543');

So, to tell MythWeb, "Hey, I didn't install DSMyth!", set it to a value
that includes an "http://machine_name/path" as appropriate.

Mike