[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Thu Aug 24 18:49:35 UTC 2006

> I am currently running SVN 10424 and LIRC 0.8.1 (cvs20060325) on FC4.
> I also ran the IR blasters on FC2 with no problems either. My channel
> change script is very simple:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> REMOTE_NAME=DI4001N
> for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
>   /usr/bin/irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
>   sleep 0.5
> done

My script is almost exactly the same as yours, except I added a logging
statement to check what was being passed in (or if it was even being
called).

> Are you sure you do not have any old video sources (and associated
> channels) in the database that may be interfering with the normal
> operation of MythTV?

Well, the only video sources that come up in mythtv-setup are the three
from the V4L drivers.  My old DVB source is not listed.  Perhaps I could
check the DB for this?  Interestingly enough, I have noticed that when I
exit mythtv-setup, it complains that something is set to an invalid
channel (one of my old HDTV channels), but that is not the case for the
video sources I can see.  Perhaps I should delete and rebuild my sources.