[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 18:35:45 UTC 2006

On 24/08/06, Timothy Braje <tbraje at myvest.com> wrote:
> Does IR/Blaster LiveTV channel changing work for anyone?  I have checked
> my configuration.  I have included logging in the channel change script.
>   It is clear that the channel change script is not being called while I
> am within LiveTV.

Yes. I am running 2 systems with serial IR blasters controlling cable
boxes and have no problems with either (extremely rarely one of the
numbers is not registered on the cable box, but that happens with the
regular remote also).

I am currently running SVN 10424 and LIRC 0.8.1 (cvs20060325) on FC4.
I also ran the IR blasters on FC2 with no problems either. My channel
change script is very simple:

#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=DI4001N
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
  /usr/bin/irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
  sleep 0.5
done

Are you sure you do not have any old video sources (and associated
channels) in the database that may be interfering with the normal
operation of MythTV?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: