[mythtv-users] Clean Shutdown from Frontend??

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Wed Aug 23 09:13:39 UTC 2006

Thanks,
     Yes I am using Mythtv as the user and it is not currently allowed to
execute shutdown from the command line, however the system still shuts down,
it just doesnt power off.     Funnily enough I have noticed since posting
that the mythtv user on my system (FC5) can execute "poweroff" and that
works nicely from the command line, but it doesnt correspond to the "exit
and shutdown" from Myth.

    The remote is a special one that came with a settop box I use for my
front end - Stino sbox 7500.    Not sure if you can get them elsewhere but
they certainly save any messing about with lirc.  (however you have less
control over behaviour as a result)

cheers,
Dave