[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 21:22:27 UTC 2006

On 22/08/06, Timothy Braje <tbraje at myvest.com> wrote:

> Ok.  It turns out that the only channel that was configured like this
> was the one I was testing against.  So, I just edited it by hand and all
> is now good.  *Except* that when I flip through channels (in Browse
> mode) and then select a channel, the external channel changer doesn't
> get called.  It does get called (to go to the default channel) when I
> start watching live tv.  It also doesn't get called if I input a new
> channel with my mythtv remote.  Presumably, I have missed a
> configuration setting.  Any ideas?

Have you got an appropriate channel change script assigned to the
video source (in mythtvsetup) and valid channel numbers in the freqid
field for _all_ channels on the IR blaster-controlled input? If your
channel change script offers logging, ensure that it is not the case
that it is being called successfully on channel changes but is failing
silently.

(You'll also need to restart the backend after any changes like this.)

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/