[mythtv-users] ir blaster and changing channels

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Tue Aug 22 16:04:29 UTC 2006

Timothy Braje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if this has been asked before on this list, but I can't seem
> to find any information.  I recently had to hook my mythtv system to a
> directv system that has no serial connection.  Thus, I am using an ir
> blaster.  I have everything working just fine, except when mythtv
> changes the channel, it inputs the frequency instead of the channel
> number when changing channels.  I am getting my channel information from
> zap2it, and am running mythtv-19-fixes.
>
> I assume there is a db update that I can run to fix this, but don't know
> what it is.  Also, if I do update the channel info with a sql statement,
> will mythfilldatabase overwrite this info next time it runs?

Ok.  It turns out that the only channel that was configured like this
was the one I was testing against.  So, I just edited it by hand and all
is now good.  *Except* that when I flip through channels (in Browse
mode) and then select a channel, the external channel changer doesn't
get called.  It does get called (to go to the default channel) when I
start watching live tv.  It also doesn't get called if I input a new
channel with my mythtv remote.  Presumably, I have missed a
configuration setting.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim