[mythtv-users] AutoExpire clarification

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Aug 22 01:20:55 UTC 2006

Just wondering if someone can clarify the operation of AutoExpire.

Does it
a) Expire recordings when it needs space to satisfy a recording.
b) Expires recordings whenever it wants, whether it needs the space or not.

I ask because I recorded a program last night. During the timeframe, I
checked it was recording and everything was fine. Just after it finished
I checked again and it was in the Watch Recordings list. However, when
we went to actually watch it later, it was gone. It shows in the
Previously Recorded list but not in Watch recordings. There was
sufficient space left to satisfy the minimum requirement. There is no
file on the HDD.

.019-fixes, compiled from SVN

Cheers
Bruce