[mythtv-users] Error was encountered while displaying video. WithHD-3000

Mathew Elliot matelliot at internode.on.net
Sun Aug 20 00:44:23 UTC 2006

I too get this problem - but only since re-formatting with ext3 file system.
I'm thinking because of the way myth now deals with liveTV recordings when a
new program is starting a new file is created for the new program. If the
reader tries to read this file before it's actually created/started writing
to it goes a bit crazy! I didn't have this problem when I was using xfs (I
don't recall having the problem anyway) however that stopped me downsizing
an LVM - so I reformatted with ext3 - and then it started. I don't think HD
performance is an issue as

hdparm -t /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  100 MB in  1.79 seconds =  55.92 MB/sec

Which should be plenty!

Will be rebuilding to a separate BE/FE solution soon and would be interested
if anyone can suggest a decent FS which has good LVM flexibility (i.e. can
be shrunk as well as grown!)