[mythtv-users] [Fwd: wintv go-plus issues again]

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 23:36:34 UTC 2006

> Hey guys,
>
>    I dl'ed and installed knoop  myth.   Basically it's a desbin setup.
>
> I'm having issues when it comes me to getting any video through xawtv or
> myth.
>
> I'm kind of stuck here.
>
> below is my dmesg output
>
> root at mythtv:~# dmesg | grep bttv
> bttv: driver version 0.9.16 loaded
> bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
> bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
> bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:01:07.0, irq: 18, latency: 32, mmio: 0xde000000
> bttv0: detected: Hauppauge WinTV [card=10], PCI subsystem ID is 0070:13eb
> bttv0: using: Hauppauge WinCam newer (bt878) [card=26,insmod option]
> bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00ffffdb [init]
> bttv0: using tuner=39
> bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
> bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
> bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
> bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9887 @ 0x86... not found
> bttv0: registered device video0
> bttv0: registered device vbi0
>
> root at mythtv:~# dmesg | grep tuner
> bttv0: using tuner=39
> tuner 0-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (bt878 #0 [sw])
> tuner 0-0061: type set to 39 (LG NTSC (newer TAPC series))
>

> it does not try and change channles or anything.
>

> So def. thinking i have the wrong card selected or the modprobe has it
> wrong.  But i do not think desbin uses mod prob.
>
> Anyway...  Can ya all help me?

I assume you mean knoppmyth and Debian.  If so, both of those *should*
have the modprobe command on them.

You may indeed have the wrong card, or the wrong tuner being auto
probed.  The problem you'll run into with these cards is that it's
more of a hunt and guess game than a standard table living on some
website; today they may release card=3 on the cards with that same
name, tomorrow might be card=8.

Not a lot of help, but hopefully you see you can use the standard
linux commands on knoppmyth and Debian.

-Chad