[mythtv-users] colour control on VGA output?

Graeme Wilford gwilford at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:41:06 UTC 2006

On 17/08/06, Graeme Wilford <gwilford at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just installed a new plasma screen and changed over from PVR-350
> svideo output to ATI VGA output. However, my plasma screen doesn't let
> me change the colour characteristics of its VGA input.
>
> [...]
>
> I'm using a Shuttle with onboard ATI 9100 IGP as frontend. MythTV
> 0.19-fixes, Xorg 6.8.2. Unfortunately, enabling Xv colour controls
> within Myth simply screws the colours up when using either the Xorg or
> proprietary ATI X drivers (8.27.10).

After investigating with xvinfo, I discovered that enabling Xv colour
controls caused XV_HUE to be -1000 rather than the default of 0.
Changing this to 0 (50% in Myth) gave me a good starting point where I
could then reduce colour saturation to a nice 35%.

Regards,
Wilf.
--
Me at google | MythTV blog: http://mezzanines.blogspot.com/