[mythtv-users] how to change the square mode of myth tv ?

Ramanraj Vamsi ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:14:14 UTC 2006

Hi Joe,
You are wrong!
It fits the screen depending on the resize parameters you specify while
encoding.I am using nokia multimedia converter to convert to 3gp format.
It doesn't depend on aspect ratio of the original (ofcourse it just change
the clip display)recording while encoding,it depends on the size we specify
i.e.,qcif(176x144),sub-qcif(128x96)......and with that our clip will fit the
mobile screen.
I previously used to have winDVR tv set up on windows, whose recordings fit
well in my Nokia 6600 screen and they resized successfully to whatever size
specified.Now I swtched to Suse linux 10 and did set up Myth tv on it.
But with present myth tv recordings the clip though converting to size
specified the sides are blanked to some width and the clip is playing in
square mode which I don't want to.
I just found a solution that we can avoid the problem by filling the width
using xvidtune utility!and even nvtv also,but don't know whether it will
help or not.
One more thing changing the aspect ratio while watching play back didn't
reflect after conversion to 3gp..I mean still I faced the problem of blank
screen on sides.

if any one successfully used xvidtune please let me know.

thanks.