[mythtv-users] how to change the square mode of myth tv ?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:00:52 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Ramanraj Vamsi <ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to have my recordings play the full screen,but the sides are sliced
> down that it's just coming in square mode(480x480,ofcourse in my case
> 144x144!) .Though I encoded and resized the clip using 3GP converter to
> 176x144,it still remaining in square mode and blanking the remaining
> width.I tried changing the screen size and resolution but nothing yielded
> in my favour.
> I tried for solution in threads of this list but without any success. How
> can I change the screen size so that the recorded file fits exactly in my
> mobile when it is transfered via blue tooth?
>
> I built Myth tv on Suse linux 10 using RPM packages and using PVR 150 card
> with DVB .
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
> thank you,
> raj.

It may depend on your phone as well.  I have a Nokia 6265i that can play 3GP
files, but no matter what aspect ratio I use when I encode (4:3, 16:9, etc)
it always fills the same amount of my screen.  It's a limitation of the
phone itself.

Do you have any videos that actually DO fill the screen?  Perhaps you can
open them up and check their size/resolution/bitrate  parameters and see if
you can get your converter program to match them.

- Joe