[mythtv-users] Can't solve a problem with Skipping/Fast Forwarding

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 17 00:41:04 UTC 2006

On 08/16/2006 03:30 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:

>>Corrupted database?  I recommend running optimize_mythdb.pl (and setting
>>it to run in a daily cron job) and then running "mythcommflag --rebuild"
>>on one of the affected recordings. If that clears up the skipping
>>issues, repeat the mythcommflag on any other recordings as required.
>>(Don't know how it will affect FFWD/REW, but if it fixes skipping, it
>>needs to be done.)
>>
>Thanks very much for that.  I've tried doing this, to be honest hadn't
>used either of those before.  Unfortunately doesn't seem to have
>solved the problem.  I would say that the FF/REW seems to be "better"
>in that I think that it is actually moving backwards and forwards
>through the recording, but the video is still stuck cycling around a
>few frames.  I also tried this on a recording from a commercial free
>channel and it exhibits the same problem, both before and after trying
>your suggestions.

That means that your DB is no longer corrupt (new recordings should work
fine), but you need to fix the seektable for old recordings.  In other
words, your "mythcommflag --rebuild" commands didn't work (i.e. you had
incorrect options or something).  Let us know what exactly you did and
we'll let you know what to do differently.

Mike