[mythtv-users] Master backend/storage, 1 or 2 machines?

Jim Minihane MythTV at minihane.tzo.com
Wed Aug 16 15:29:12 UTC 2006

I'm building a system with 2 slave backends (2 PVR-500s each, 8 DirecTV
D10-100s), one master backend and currently 2 frontends. The master and
frontends have no decoders. I was going to use network storage via NFS to my
file server, but things have changed. The master is a 1.8GHz Compaq EVO.
Would it be sufficient to serve as storage as well if I add eSATA storage?
My network is 100Mbps. I also have a second EVO 1.8GHz machine that could be
used as NAS, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. What would it take for
a machine to serve as master backend AND storage for an 8 encoder system?

Thanks, all.