[mythtv-users] DVB error message in backend - any idea?

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Wed Aug 16 07:10:08 UTC 2006

Hello and thanks for your reply!

I hope the information I give is what you ask for:

I use myth 0.19-fixes-10369-1 from the packages on hamsta.net.

I use Ubuntu Dapper LTS with the distro's kernel 2.6.15-26-k7. The dvb drivers
come from this kernel; there are a lot of modules loaded (and I also have a
dvb-t from hauppauge, I hope I do not mix them here); there is a module
b2c2_flexcop, b2c2_flexcop_pci, cx88, cx88_dvb and some more modules using
these or depending on them...

I have checked the ubuntu kernel source which I also have installed, but I
cannot find a version information in the b2c2 directory. But the ubuntu
kernel is heavily patched, I think and it could well be that the module is
more like the one in 2.6.16 or .17...?

If work has been done on this part, I could wait for 0.20 and see how that
works, I'd rather not waste anybody's time...! But if it could be useful,
tell me what else information I can supply.

Thanks for the support

	Matthias