[mythtv-users] Installing a Hauppauge PVR-350

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Tue Aug 15 17:55:01 UTC 2006

I have a machine with a Hauppauge PVR-350 that I'm trying to get TV-Out
working for.

I have the TV connected to the TV-Out of the PVR-350 and I can get an
image on the screen. But, the image is covered with about 90 horizontal
lines and a moire pattern that looks like a bunch of linked rings. If I
play a video to the TV using the command
   $ dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
I can see the picture and hear the sound from the video, but the picture
is covered with the lines and rings. It's like watching TV through a
frosted glass with a pattern in it.

I tried running the video after
   $ ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
and after
   $ ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -globalalpha -nolocalalpha

Each one creates a slightly different pattern in the frosted effect, but
I can't get rid of the frosted effect from the video.

Could someone please suggest something I might try to clear up the image
on my TV?

Thanks,
Carl.