[mythtv-users] Errors when jumping through DVB recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 13 17:30:44 UTC 2006

On 08/13/2006 09:32 AM, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> I am using DVB-C, kernel 2.6.16.
>
> When I jump/skip through a recording, using "Standard" (ffmpeg) MPEG
> decoder, it looks fine (ok, little bit stuttering for 1-2 seconds or so
> after the jump).
>
> When I use libmpeg2, the picture is getting pretty pixelized for a second.
>
> Is this "normal"?
>
> libmpeg2 does not have this problem with PVR-250 recordings.
>
> czap does not report unrecoverable errors.
>
> Sometimes mythfrontend reports some MPEG errors in the console when
> jumping, when using Standard/ffmpeg, but not when using libmpeg2 (so,
> here it is the other way around as with visible errors).

I probably can't help you (at least not any more than what I suggest
here), but before someone spends a lot of time trying to do so, make
sure your database isn't corrupt.  I recommend running
optimize_mythdb.pl (and setting it to run in a daily cron job) and then
running "mythcommflag --rebuild" on one of the affected recordings.  If
that clears it up, repeat the mythcommflag on any other recordings as
required.

Mike