[mythtv-users] Errors when jumping through DVB recordings

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Aug 13 13:32:05 UTC 2006

HI!

I am using DVB-C, kernel 2.6.16.

When I jump/skip through a recording, using "Standard" (ffmpeg) MPEG
decoder, it looks fine (ok, little bit stuttering for 1-2 seconds or so
after the jump).

When I use libmpeg2, the picture is getting pretty pixelized for a second.

Is this "normal"?

libmpeg2 does not have this problem with PVR-250 recordings.

czap does not report unrecoverable errors.

Sometimes mythfrontend reports some MPEG errors in the console when
jumping, when using Standard/ffmpeg, but not when using libmpeg2 (so,
here it is the other way around as with visible errors).

Any hints/info?

Thanks!

Thomas