[mythtv-users] Backend NFS server high load. NFS Tunable?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 12 20:09:46 UTC 2006

On 08/12/06 11:23, Mark wrote:

> I have a RAID5 (software md ) on a gig network connected to a mythbackend.
> I am getting jerky playback on the backend ( its a frontend too ) and
> on the NFS server, it has high load ( 1.5 and more ) and all of the
> top processes are nfsd.
>
> Has anyone here had to tune NFS for large video files or anything?  I
> introduced the gig network at the same time as the RAID5 software
> raid.  I am assuming lag because of NFS due to the NFSD high load.
>
> Thoughts or tunig tips?

Generally, you'll want to use the options
"rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nfsvers=3,tcp" (along with whatever other
options you may already have).  Note, also, that both your NFS client
and NFS server must support these options for it to work.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169898#169898

Mike