[mythtv-users] Backend NFS server high load. NFS Tunable?

Mark list at onnow.net
Sat Aug 12 15:23:07 UTC 2006

I have a RAID5 (software md ) on a gig network connected to a mythbackend.
I am getting jerky playback on the backend ( its a frontend too ) and on the NFS server, it has high load ( 1.5 and more ) and all of the top processes are nfsd.

Has anyone here had to tune NFS for large video files or anything?  I introduced the gig network at the same time as the RAID5 software raid.  I am assuming lag because of NFS due to the NFSD high load.

Thoughts or tunig tips?

Thank you,

Mark