[mythtv-users] Skystar2 DVBS

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Sat Aug 12 16:44:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am using the Skystar2 DVB-S, but I am using frontend and backend on
different machines. I am seeing some stability problems on my frontend
(Ubuntu Dapper, myth 0.19 fixes), but I would not have thought that the DVB
card is the reason, as there is a thick software and network layer between
the frontend and the DVB card, and the same is the case when you operate
frontend and backend on the same machine.

Sorry, not of much help I am afraid; I'd recommend you to try and split
frontend backend to isolate your problem, and maybe use a complete distro for
the frontend, like knopmyth or mythdora, and see how that works: That way, at
least you have a well tested configuration which is more easily comparable to
that of other users.

Good luck

	Matthias