[mythtv-users] Skystar2 DVBS

Goktug YILDIRIM goktug.yildirim at kreatek.net
Sat Aug 12 13:08:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

Anyone who is comfortable with Skystar2 and latest of mythtv 0.19?

I have memory leak problem. I have tried two different machines which
backend and frontend is runing on.
I have tried two different distros, Slackware 10.1 with the 2.6.17.7
kernel and Suse 10.1.
I have tried different versions of mythtv from 0.19-fixes branch at
svn.mythtv.org.

Results are the same. Memory usage of mythfrontend grows as the channel
change in Live TV. After a while kernel kicks the mythfrontend with out
of memory message. Tried with 512MB and  792MB RAM.

I can not guess skystar2 dvsb is a problematic card in linux or mythtv
since it is popular. I guess there something to be in configs but can
not figure it out.