[mythtv-users] OT (was: feature suggestion: pause at end of playback)

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Aug 10 04:44:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 05:50:54PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>  I have many other more important issues to deal
> with at the moment - for instance, why linux refuses to mount my
> drives until I run fsck on all of them -which tells me they are all
> clean-

Linux will want to fsck and reboot only if the root partition was
not unmounted cleanly.  It's not running the fsck *because* there's
an error in the filesystem but *in case* there's an error.  When
other filesystems are not cleanly unmounted then the machine will
fsck and continue booting.

You need to find out why your machine is not shutting down properly.