[mythtv-users] feature suggestion: pause at end of playback

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Aug 10 00:50:54 UTC 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:

> On 8/10/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> I'd rather see a request that commercial flagging be fixed to not
>> skip the last part of the recording. :)
>
> Could it be as simple as ignoring any skip that is longer than say
> 5 minutes?
>
> Steve

No, the skip isn't longer than 5 minutes. I have this same issue and
just live with it. I have many other more important issues to deal
with at the moment - for instance, why linux refuses to mount my
drives until I run fsck on all of them -which tells me they are all
clean- then reboot every time I boot my system or maybe my
disappearing /dev/dvb which magically went away after installing a
video drive and rebooting. Or maybe it's the issue that reformatting
on a clean drive and trying FC5 turned out to simply be a complete
waste of time because it gives me the these same issues. One of these
is driving me to part out my $3k Myth box on ebay and buy a Tivo. I'm
not sure which is the most irritating. </rant>

Anyway, the problem is that the last segment of both The Daily Show
and The Colbert Report are very short and assumed to be commercials
so they are skipped along with the rest of the commercials. I don't
see an easy way of determining that this 30 second segment is not a
commercial.