[mythtv-users] feature suggestion: pause at end of playback

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Aug 10 04:15:26 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/09/2006 11:29 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>

>> On Aug 9, 2006, at 8:27 AM, Nelson Tang wrote:
>>

>>> My request is to enable an option for
>>> playback that, at the end of playing back a recording, pauses the
>>> playback instead of exiting and returning to the menu.
>>>
>>> The reasoning behind this is that I often see commercial flagging not
>>> finding the end of the last set of commercials before a show ends (for
>>> example, during The Daily Show or The Colbert Report), so the
>>> auto-skip over the last set of commercials jumps straight to the end
>>> of the recording, which then exits back to the menu.  Thus in order to
>>> watch the final minute or two of the show, I need to restart the
>>> playback, then jump ahead 28 minutes or so.  If instead playback
>>> paused at the end, I could simply skip back and watch the end segment
>>> without exiting out of playback.
>>>

>> I'd rather see a request that commercial flagging be fixed to not
>> skip the last part of the recording. :)
>>

> Done.  (Kind-of.  The commercial flagging isn't fixed--because that's
> not the problem--but the skipping is.)
>
> It's been working well in SVN trunk for a /long/ time, now.  When you
> try to skip a commercial break and doing so would take you to the end of
> the recording, you get a message saying, "At End, can not Skip."
>
> Mike

I'd have to disagree with you on that one, Mike. I have a few shows that
seem to consistently chop off the last bit (American Dad being the most
obvious one). I use auto-skip, and I just now realized that I can't turn
it off. I mean, I can toggle it off, but it has no effect, it still
auto-skips the commercials, so there is no way for me to see the end of
that show (aside from watching it in Windows or on one of the Xboxes).
Anyone else seeing that behaviour?

Tom