[mythtv-users] MythNews setup crashing frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 10 01:36:27 UTC 2006

On 08/09/2006 04:32 AM, Justin The Cynical wrote:

>I ran 'locate news' through less, and the results are:
>
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythnews
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythnews/news-sites.xml
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/blue/news.png
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/G.A.N.T./watermark/newspaper.png
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/isthmus/news_scroller.png
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Minimalist-wide/news-ui.xml
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/MythCenter/watermark/news.png
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus/news-ui.xml
>/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Titivillus/watermark/news.png
>
>Currently, I'm using G.A.N.T, which appears to be missing the
>news-ui.xml.  Let's see if Titivillus works...
>
>Yep, that did it.  Checking some of the other plugins, such as mythgame,
>  I'm finding those missing as well in the other themes.

There should be a directory "/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default"
that contains news-ui.xml.  G.A.N.T. does not have its own news-ui.xml,
so it uses the one from default.  If you don't have a default directory
(with news-ui.xml--and it doesn't show in your list), that's why it
crashes (and you need to fix your install).

Mike