[mythtv-users] feature suggestion: pause at end of playback

Nelson Tang tang at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 9 15:27:00 UTC 2006

I have a suggestion for a feature to be added, and I couldn't find out
if there's an "official" way to request it, so hopefully sending to
this list will be acceptable.  My request is to enable an option for
playback that, at the end of playing back a recording, pauses the
playback instead of exiting and returning to the menu.

The reasoning behind this is that I often see commercial flagging not
finding the end of the last set of commercials before a show ends (for
example, during The Daily Show or The Colbert Report), so the
auto-skip over the last set of commercials jumps straight to the end
of the recording, which then exits back to the menu.  Thus in order to
watch the final minute or two of the show, I need to restart the
playback, then jump ahead 28 minutes or so.  If instead playback
paused at the end, I could simply skip back and watch the end segment
without exiting out of playback.

If there's an official place to file this feature request, please let
me know and I'll take this idea there.

Thanks,
--nelson