[mythtv-users] [OT] CD stuck in Mac Mini

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Wed Aug 9 06:34:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 20:21:08 -1000, PROTEK wrote:
> I think these new Minis will make a good frontend for mythtv since they
> are quite and small...

And a good backend, too.

> ( I have PPC one's now and I don't think they would be so good )
>
> Are you running Ubuntu also on yours? And how is the remote control /
> network and all that working...?

I use Debian Sid. I didn't try the Front Row remote yet. Network is
working well since kernel 2.6.17 (2.6.16 has a buggy sky2 driver).
Everything else (digital audio, graphics including video and 3D
acceleration, DVD burner) is working well, too.

> I had major problems with Suse on the MacBook .. Unable to size display,
> no network , remote and not to mention the boat loader was not quite right..
> It was science project I gave on before it got involved but I was not
> all that impressed so far..
>
> I only use my frontend for tv so I would probably only use the Mythtv
> for Mac then play everything w/ some OSX app.
> And find something to replace the useless frontrow remote that does not
> work w/ mythtv..

It should work. There is a kernel patch that contains a driver for the
remote. It will act as a keyboard like input device, so you just need
to tweak the key mapping for MythTV.

I replaced my old PC with a mini, so I do all the normal work on it,
and I'm very happy with it. Connected is a 320 GB USB hard disk and a
Terratec Cinergy T2 DVB box, so I can use the Terratec remote with
MythTV.

Regards,
Tino