[mythtv-users] Script for feedback click

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Aug 8 12:47:49 UTC 2006

>> All,
>>
>> In case it's useful, I wrote a small script (attached) which plays a
>> (short)
>> sound sample with every button press in the Myth menus.
>
> I like that... not tried it yet... but I like it a lot!!

Well, I've tried it!

First problem was that I'm running xinetd so pgrep found that (thinking it
had found xine) and hence nothing happened. Quick fix by using 'pgrep -u
mythtv' (xinetd runs as root).

Second problem is that mythtv calls the keypress application AFTER it has
done something - not very good feedback if you can SEE something happen
and then it goes thunk!

Guess it will have to go into the 'nice idea, shame about the usability'
box :-( Sigh...

--
Robin Gilks