[mythtv-users] Posting questions in the wiki? What next?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 02:02:38 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not setting myself up as the 'wiki Police' (but hey if the cap
> fits..)... but what the hell is someone doing putting support
> questions in the wiki for?

In this specific case, I think it's an interesting question: "can a
firewire port on a monitor be hooked up to a firewire port on a PC and
have X.org/xfree drive it?" It appears the answer is "not yet" from
googling... Maybe we add that question to the configuring tv output
page as a placeholder for an answer?

My take is that if someone is *writing* docs and has questions they
can't immediately answer regarding those docs, then it's okay to
insert questions similar to how I would use #FIXME in code like: what
version did this behavior change in? Does PAL work the same as NTSC?
Untested if this works with version X - anyone? etc.

If a question *ADDS* to the documentation by pointing out limitations
of features or testing, then others can fill in the details.

-Ross