[mythtv-users] 0.19, VIA, XvMC, Ezra/i586 - video corrupted - image enclosed

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Mon Aug 7 22:56:56 UTC 2006

Kevin Slater wrote:
> Jules,
>
> I need to go back and look at the configuration again. It could be that
> I have Standard XvMC for playback on my FE only VIA EPIA M-9000. I can't
> say for sure because I was playing with different settings for
> interlacing and such. I'll double-check and post a response one way or
> the other.

cool

> The stuttering on playback - I had that exact same issue with my .14
> setup on this same box. (I ran it like that for years.) A good example
> of what would trip it would be the LOST intro or any program that put
> white letters on a black background - instant stutter in those cases.

exactly - I have the same problem with 'lost' - drives the wife crazy :-)

> Since using the unichrome (openchrome?) drivers from kelkoo and enabling
> XvMC, this is no longer an issue. The fact that it happens to you when
> you think you're using the VIA XvMC for playback, tells me that you may
> not be using that driver afterall.

no - you misunderstand - the fact that it happens when I am NOT using
XvMC, amongst other things, is prompting me to try to get XvMC working....

however - when I enable XvMC, I get garbled video, most of the time - see :

http://www.gosnell.org.uk/tmp/00032.jpg

So, it sounds like our experiences are pretty similar - I await your
report on the settings that you are using - maybe I can copy them and it
'will just work' :-)

Jules

--
crystallises out around it."