[mythtv-users] 0.19, VIA, XvMC, Ezra/i586 - video corrupted - image enclosed

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:26:45 UTC 2006

Jules,

I need to go back and look at the configuration again. It could be that I
have Standard XvMC for playback on my FE only VIA EPIA M-9000. I can't say
for sure because I was playing with different settings for interlacing and
such. I'll double-check and post a response one way or the other.

The stuttering on playback - I had that exact same issue with my .14 setup
on this same box. (I ran it like that for years.) A good example of what
would trip it would be the LOST intro or any program that put white letters
on a black background - instant stutter in those cases. Since using the
unichrome (openchrome?) drivers from kelkoo and enabling XvMC, this is no
longer an issue. The fact that it happens to you when you think you're using
the VIA XvMC for playback, tells me that you may not be using that driver
afterall.

...Kevin