[mythtv-users] Custom record rule not matching episodes with different (matching) title

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Aug 7 11:54:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 04:13:54AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> The listing for this same episode on five (this coming Friday) still
> shows the episode as set to record, even though it has been recorded,
> and the subtitles are the same. However, one difference is the title
> in the listings for this upcoming episode is "Law & Order", not "Law
> and Order" that the just-recorded episode used.

The search rule only determines which shows are candidates for
recording, but doesn't imply any grouping for dupe detection.
Since "L&O" and "L and O" are different series they are
dupe-checked independently.

> The following week there is the next (and last) episode of season 12
> on five, which is currently in the listings as being titled "Law and
> Order". Interestingly, this is _not_ listed as an upcoming-recording,
> which reinforces my belief about the different titles interfering with
> the rule matching.

Is it marked as "previously recorded" or did it simply not make it
into the candidate list?  I noticed that some shows actually change
the title on special occasions.  I almost missed the finale of "The
Apprentise" two seasons ago because the last episode was titled
"The Apprentise - Season Finale" (or something like that) and I
wasn't using a "LIKE" rule with a trailing % (to avoid shows like
"The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz").