[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase not running on its own

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 18:02:57 UTC 2006

I'm running MythTV 0.19, installed via the KnoppMyth
R5C7 distribution.

For the last couple of weeks (since upgrading to R5C7
from R5B7), mythfilldatabase is not running
automatically. I can see the date/time that Zap2it has
recommended it will next auto-run via MythWeb, but
that time comes and goes and mythfilldatabase doesn't
run.

I can run it by hand as mythtv user with no problems.

Here are things I've tried:

* double-checked that the right mythfilldatabase path
is being used in the General setup screen (it is)

* changed the days between updates from 1 to 2
(although Zap2It labs usually returns a date/time that
is less than 2 days from the last run)

* created a "wrapper" script that sets the $HOME
environment variable and then runs mythfilldatabase,
and set that to run automatically instead of
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase. Again, I can run the
wrapper script by hand successfully, but setting
mythtv to do so results in the script not running

I've run out of ideas. Is there a table in mythconverg
I can check to see if something's not set right or not
updating properly? I'd prefer to have it run at the
Zap2It-prescribed times.

Thanks for the assistance.