[mythtv-users] mythbackend with dynamic ip?

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Thu Aug 3 15:34:19 UTC 2006

You make this sound simple. But what's the best way to contact the
backend with the new ip? The command line options to mythbackend are a
bit spare. The only way I know to change the ip would be graphically
(not an option) or to write a sed script to change the settings in
whatever conf file and then restart the backend. It's the solution I
already considered, but I had hoped there would be something more
elegant.