[mythtv-users] Slimserver, SoftSqueeze & MythTV

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 07:36:16 UTC 2006

> Take a copy of your mainmenu.xml and put it in ~/.mythtv. Edit it, and
> add a Music section which does an EXEC java -jar SoftSqueeze.jar
> This will enable you to launch SoftSqueeze from the main menu.
>
> You can use lirc with irxevent to pass remote control button presses
> through to SoftSqueeze as keypresses. Look it up or email me and I can
> send you the my files.

Sorry to ask what may be some dumb questions, but here goes...

1) How does MythTV know that the remote button presses are for
Softsqueeze and not MythTV?

2) I presume it has a Exit key - when it exits will it go gracefully
back to the MythTV menu or will there be window focus problems like
with Xine and MythTV?

Regards,
Phill