[mythtv-users] Digital cable HDTV interface

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Aug 2 22:22:11 UTC 2006

> sort of output out of the box. That generally means firewire. The
> threads here are mainly US oriented, as it appears that no Canadian
> cable co. will actually supply a set top box which has an enable
> firewire output for ANY digital content.

As a data point, Shaw Cable in Saskatoon does provide (officially
unsupported) firewire outputs on their Motorola 6200 boxes - I can get all
the channels (that I pay for) except the digital music stations over
firewire.

I can't speak for other cable companies though, but I believe Shaw has
firewire enabled their boxes in other markets as well.  To the OP - do a
search for your cable company + firewire.

Greg