[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Wed Aug 2 04:38:38 UTC 2006

> Nick,
>
> I got the library from myth cvs, but I didn't see any docs.  Are there any
> docs that go with the library?
>
> Are there any specs about the type of data HDHomeRun is streaming?  RTP?
> Mpeg2-ts?
>
> Are there any docs about protocols to control HDHomeRun over TCP?
>
> I went to the web site, but I didn't see any detailed stuff.  Am I missing a
> link?

Hi Stan,

The website is a bit behind at the moment.

Please feel free to ask anything or to post in the HDHomeRun forum here:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/index.php

I will start a thread and we will probably spin-off a sub forum for
development docs and questions.

The video stream is MPEG2-TS over UDP. Each UDP packet contains 7 TS
packets (7 x 188 bytes = 1316 bytes).

The control is over TCP. The main packet type is a config get/set
request. It has basic framing and uses a TLV form for sending the name
of the parameter (human readable string) and the value (human readable
string).

Nick