[mythtv-users] Buffer Optimizations

John A. Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Tue Aug 1 20:39:22 UTC 2006

I am running Myth .19 on Ubuntu Dapper, Athlon XP 2000+, 1 gig ram, 7200 rpm PATA drive, and pvr150. Does anyone have any recommendations for reducing the channel change hiccup? I don't mind it, but my wife finds it very annoying, and we all know that Mythtv is one gadget that must pass the Wife/Girlfriend test. Performance in every other way is perfectly fine, and I know there is always going to be some amount of hiccup changing channels but was wondering what others had done to improve it.

--
John