[mythtv-users] Using Plextor OSS Drivers With Adlink PCI-MPG24

mgrollman mgrollman at cox.net
Tue Aug 1 19:35:54 UTC 2006

I am on the hunt for anyone who has tried to use the 0.98 OSS drivers
(http://oss.wischip.com/) with the Adlink PCI-MPG24 and myth TV.  The
Micronas USA site claims this board is supported in the latest version
of this open source driver, but darned if I can get it to work.

I am trying to get this to fly under a Debian sarge 2.6.15 system.
Everything seems hunky dory with the kernel compile, indeed, if I plug a
real Plextor 402U into the system, it grabs video using the GO7007 stuff
just great.  When I use the Adlink card, the GO7007 has many signs of
working (see dmesg excerpt from below) and indeed the standard gorecord
application even sees it as an Adlink card.  But when I try to actually
use gorecord, it locks the session hard -- only a kill -9 breaks it out.

There may be a firmnware loading issue here, though since the exact same
setup works when I used  a real Plextor, I know that most of the bid
pieces, such as fxload, must be in their pretty close to right, and the
firmware is where it belongs, I think.  But firmware load is the only
error message I can find.  And there is pretty much no mention of the
Adlink support in any of the program docs, just the one line on the
website that says it should work OK.

Any ideas are more than welcome.  The Adlink is a real nice board if you
want to do a number of channels, and get away from usb cables some.
That is, if I can get it to record stuff!

Thanks,

- MichaelG

<snip>
usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse as /class/input/input1
usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: 0.4.4-kernel (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
device-mapper: 4.4.0-ioctl (2005-01-12) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com

======> go7007: unable to load firmware from file "go7007fw.bin"

go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
go7007: registering new Adlink PCI-MPG24, channel #2
wis-tw2804: creating TW2804 at address 0 on WIS GO7007SB
wis-tw2804: initializing TW2804 channel 2
go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
go7007: registering new Adlink PCI-MPG24, channel #1
wis-tw2804: creating TW2804 at address 0 on WIS GO7007SB
wis-tw2804: initializing TW2804 channel 1

go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
go7007: registering new Adlink PCI-MPG24, channel #3
wis-tw2804: creating TW2804 at address 0 on WIS GO7007SB
wis-tw2804: initializing TW2804 channel 3
usbcore: registered new driver go7007